Would you like to sign documents (pdf, doc, docx etc.) paperless right out of your Gmail account? Or sign and send a SignRequest directly from Google Drive or Google Docs? Now that’s possible with SignRequest!
To instantly try and use our new extensions visit:
1. How To Use Electronic (Digital) Signatures as a Google Docs Add-on
If you use Google Docs (a free application similar to Microsoft Word) you can now electronically sign and/or send a SignRequest directly from the Google Docs document. Visit the Google Docs Add-on store and install our electronic (digital) signature extension in just a few seconds.
Install the Add-on here or if you’re in a Google Docs document follow these simple steps:
- Go to “Add-ons” in the Google Docs menu bar
- Select “Get add-ons…”
- Search for “SignRequest”
- Click on “Free” and give permission to install our extension
Now that you installed the SignRequest extension you can start getting your documents signed with e-signatures.
After installation: Just go to “Add-ons” in the Google Docs menu bar and click “Create SignRequest”.
2. How To Sign Attachments Directly From Within Gmail
With the SignRequest for Gmail plug-in you can sign a (pdf, doc, docx etc.) attachment directly from within Gmail and automatically send a copy of the signed document to the sender of the attachment. The signed documents are automatically stored in your SignRequest account.
Get the free SignRequest electronic signature for Gmail plug-in the Chrome Web Store.
Follow these steps to sign and automatically send a signed copy of the document to the sender of the attachment:
- Click on the SignRequest icon.
- You will now be directed to the SignRequest app and the attachment has automatically been uploaded.
- To automatically send a copy back: choose me & others and under the advanced options select the option "Copy only".
- Optionally enter a message.
- Press “Sign”.
- Now you can add an electronic signature by clicking anywhere in the document.
- After you have signed, you and your contact will both receive a signed copy of the document in your email. If you’re a registered user the document will also be visible in your documents overview.
3. How To Store Your Signed Contracts in Google Drive
After installing the SignRequest Google Drive App your contracts are automatically stored on your Google Drive. In addition, you can sign and send a SignRequest directly from your Google Drive by choosing “Open with SignRequest”. You can install the Google Drive App here.
4. How to sign Google Sheets?
After installing the Google Drive extension you can also open a Google Sheet with SignRequest. It's however important to test the format of the sheet to make sure you have a proper result after SignRequest's conversion process.
5. How to sign a Google Form?
Unfortunately SignRequest does not yet work with a Google Form. Google for now does not allow it. There is however an option by using a service that generates a pdf from a Google Form and connect this app to SignRequest with Zapier. This is not a very easy option, but might be worth the effort depending on your use case.