This manual will help you install and set-up SignRequest for Salesforce.
How to install
Click on the following url to install SignRequest:
Click on the following url to install SignRequest in your Sandbox:
Then, choose for which users you would like to install SignRequest and press "Install". After installing you can press "Done" and you will be directed to your Salesforce environment. That's it! Now SignRequest has been installed successfully.
How to set-up
To set-up SignRequest you should take the following steps:
- Add the "Send SignRequest" button
- Add the SignRequest related list
- Add SignRequest relations to custom objects (Optional)
- Prefill the SignRequest button (Optional)
- Snippet for SignRequest's prefilled button, or for custom objects
- Automate SignRequest with processbuilder
- SignRequest's Salesforce FAQ
Important: Your edition of Salesforce should support the API feature. This is automatically enabled for the Enterprise, Unlimited, Developer and Performance editions. It's not available for the Contact and Group editions. The API feature can be requested for the Professional edition.
1. Add the "Send SignRequest" button
To add the SignRequest button to your object follow these simple steps:
- Go to the object, for example an opportunity
- Click on "Edit Layout" (right upper corner)
- In the opportunity layout choose "Buttons" and then click on "Send SignRequest"
- You can now drag and drop the button in your layout
On which objects do we provide buttons and where do we gather your data?
By default the buttons are provided for the following objects:
For custom objects have a look at step 3.
We always look for documents on the notes and attachments of the object and the documents in the SignRequest folder in Salesforce. When an object has a relation to an account those documents will be available as well.
We will get the contacts which are added to the object and from any available parent account. For opportunities we also get all the contact roles.
It's important to get the proper contact values and not manually enter an email address in the SignRequest pop-up form. Otherwise the relationship to your contacts in Salesforce will not be updated and the related lists on contacts will be empty.
2. Add the SignRequest related list
The signed documents and the status of a document will be visible in the SignRequest related list. To add this do the following:
- Go to the object, for example an opportunity.
- Click on "Edit Layout" (right upper corner).
- In the opportunity layout choose "Related lists" and then click on "SignRequests".
- You can now drag and drop the related list in your layout. The best location is probably just beneath your attachments.
- Now click on the settings (toolbar) of the list and add your required fields, like: Name, Open in SignRequest and Status.
- Click on "Buttons" and remove the check of "New" and press "OK". (This button is not needed.)
3. Add SignRequest relations to custom objects (Optional)
To implement SignRequest on custom objects a little more work needs to be done:
- Add a lookup relation to your object on the SignRequest object: Setup > Build > Create > Objects > SignRequest > Custom Fields & Relationships > New > Select a lookup relation to your object. For a more detailed step by step explanation have a look here.
- Add the related list to your custom object as described in step 2 in this manual.
- Use step 4 and 5 of this manual to create an (prefilled) button for your custom object.
4. Prefill the SignRequest button (Optional)
- Create a prefilled button on your Custom object or Standard object
- Custom Object: Setup > Build > Create > Objects > Your object > Buttons, Links, and Actions
- Standard Object: Setup > Build > Customize > Your object > Buttons, Links, and Actions
- For Lightning: > Create a new visual forge page first and fill in the form below(select lightning), then > New Button or Link > Give it an appropiate Name and Label (for example: Send SignRequest) > Select Detail Page Button > select open a visual forge page and select the page you made before.
5. Snippet for SignRequest's prefilled button, or for custom objects
You can prefill the default behaviour of the button to automate manual tasks, like:
- Prefill signers
- Prefill documents
- Order signing
- Autoselect document
- Automatic reminders
- Files or notes and attachements
- Filter documents id
- Custom message
- Authorisation level
- Default select 'only others' or 'me&others'
5. Snippet for SignRequest's custom button
6. Automate SignRequest with Processbuilder
To completely automate SignRequest you can use our SendSignRequest apex class from within processbuilder. After selecting the object and trigger, under the action tab, select apex as the action type. Then select Send SignRequest in the apex class dropdown.
The minimum required variables needed for the process to function are:
- Object type of the parent object: Type the name of the parent object for the Signrequest eg. Opportunity or CustomObject__c.
- Id of the parent object: The Id of the Parent object.
- SignRequest API token: you can generate this token under the team settings in SignRequest.com, copy and paste the token here.
- Signer 1 Email: the email address of the first signer on the document.
To select which document needs to be send, you can choose 1 of the 2 following:
- To select a document from within Salesforce select Salesforce Document Type: Enter either 'Files' or 'Attachments' and Salesforce Document ID: reference the Id of the document here.
- Or you can create a template on signrequest.com and after saving the template copy and paste the URL and select SignRequest Template Id in processbuilder.
To customize the SignRequest even more the following variables can be selected:
- Subject: The email subject on the signRequest.
- Message: The message in the email from the SignRequest.
- Send Reminders: Select if you want to automatically send reminders when the document isn't signed.
- Signer # order: The signing order in which this signer needs to sign.
- Signer # level: Enter either signature, notify, cc or approve.
- Prefill Tag # external Id: When using SignRequest templates, the tags can be given an External Id, copy and paste it here to automatically prefill these tags.
- Prefill Tag # Text, Date or Checkbox: Enter or reference here the value that needs to be prefilled in the template.
7. SignRequest for Salesforce FAQ
Please have a look at our Salesforce FAQ for more information on implementing SignRequest for Salesforce.